These are slides of talks or short courses I have
been giving over the last years.
I don't expect them to be comprehensible if you
have not been in the talk
(no comment about the contraposition) but still
they might be of some use.
For portability and readability they are provided
in PDF format.
can download the free Acrobat Reader software here.)
- 3D printing and Mathematics
- Combinatorics Seminar, Fort Collins, February 2015
- Using Computational Group Theory
- Modern Trends in Algebraic Graph Theory, Villanova, PA, June 2014
- Finding Subgroups
- Computational Universal Algebra, Louisville, October 2013
- Computing with Finite Matrix Groups
- Groups St Andrews, August 2013
- Permutation Group Algorithms
- LMS/EPSRC Short Course Computational Group Theory, St Andrews, July 2013
- Calculation of Subgroups of a Trivial-Fitting Group
- ISSAC, Boston, June 2013
- Computing conjugacy Classes of Elements in Finite Matrix Groups
- JMM New Orleans, January 2011
- An Overview of Computational Group Theory
- Oberwolfach, August 2010
- Computing with Group Orbits
Workshop on Polyhedral Computation. Montreal, 2006
- Groebner Bases and related methods in
- Special Semester on Gröbner bases, Workshop D1, Linz, 2006
- Factorization in finite groups
- Algebraic Combinatorics Seminar, Fort Collins, 2004
- Algorithms for finding subgroups
- Computational Group theory, Columbus, 2003
- GAP -- System Design for Computer Algebra
- Given at CFL 2002.
- Determining the Galois group of a
- Constructing transitive permutation groups
- Computing with finitely presented groups
- Given at ECCAD 2001.
- GAP 4
- Given at ISSAC 2000.
How I make
The beamer package for LaTeX has made this easy.
An example is given by
This TeX file of a LaTeX introduction given
for our graduate students.
The font I'm using is Syntax (designed in 1969 by
H.E.Meyer), which to me looks better on slides than Computer Modern
(Sans). (It incidentally also seems to be the Corporate font of
RWTH Aachen where I got my PhD.) The font is a postscript Type
1 font which I bought on CD and converted for LaTeX using font
installation software written by Alan Hoening.
Alexander Hulpke (