2. Attendance is required at all exams.
A student who misses an exam, without giving the notification and/or getting the permission
required in rules 3 and 4 below, will be assigned a zero grade for that exam --
-- or in case of Exam 1, could be disenrolled from M141.
3. If you want to miss an exam because of illness, you
must notify the Department of Mathematics
by phone (491-1303) before the exam (unless you are seriously injured). In order to make up
an exam missed for medical reasons, you must agree to waive your medical privacy rights and
arrange to provide your instructor official verification of the nature of your illness or condition. The
make-up exam grade will not be recorded if you fail to provide verification in a timely manner.
4. In case you have a personal conflict with an exam
ask your professor well before the exam,
to find out if you will be permitted to take a make-up exam.
5. Exams cannot be taken twice. You cannot repeat
an exam because you claim you were sick
the first time. All those who come to an exam are assumed to be well enough to take it.
6. Exams are strictly monitored. Anyone caught
will receive an "F" for the course;
interlopers caught in the exam room will be referred to campus police. (If you are unsure
what constitutes cheating, ask your instructor well in advance of the first exam.)
7. Calculators are permitted at exams, but not any
with symbolic manipulators, e.g. TI-89 and higher and laptops.
8. Grading errors must be brought to your professor's
the next exam.
No grade adjustments will be made later.
9. No cell phones can be visible or audible during exams. Failure to comply will result in a 0 on the exam.