XML File Management Utilities
This package provides lightweight classes to read and parse a simple subset of the XML format, useful for many situations where XML is used but the full aparatus of the generalized protocol is overkill.
- A CDATA node, used to represent any characters that are not part of tags. Whitespace is retained
in these nodes exactly as supplied in the source XML.
- The base class for XML elements.
- An empty element, characterized by a tag of the form < ... />.
- The interface implemented by elements, empty elements, and CData spans.
- An element, characterized by a pair of tags of the form < ... > and </ ... >.
- A generic span that covers a tag.
- A utility class to escape strings for use in XML (as an attribute value, for example) and
recover the original strings from such escaped string values.
- A filter to limit file views to only files with ".xml" extensions (not case sensitive).
- A very basic parser that can extract structural information from XML and can detect some XML
As the author of the source code available by following the links above, I hereby place this source code in the public domain. You can use, modify, and distribute the source code and executable programs based on the source code. However, note the following:
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
This source code is provided "as is" and without any express or implied warranties whatsoever. The user must assume the entire risk of using the source code.