This package collects many one-off general utilities to simplify common functions or provide functionality missing in the JDK.
- An exception that indicates the optimizer failed to converge.
- An interface for classes that represent optimizable functions.
- An optimizer based on the Nelder-Mead Simplex method to locate a local minimum in a function.
- The computed value of an optimizable object, along with a flag indicating whether the parameters
were in range or not.
- A point in an N-dimensional space along with the value of a function at that point.
- An interface for classes that represent functions that can be optimized over a region.
- An optimizer that scans a region of solution space for local minima by partitioning the space,
evaluating the function being minimized on grid points, and initializing a minimizer at each
grid point that has a smaller value than all its neighbors.
- A range of data values over which to search for minima. This represents an open box in R^n.
As the author of the source code available by following the links above, I hereby place this source code in the public domain. You can use, modify, and distribute the source code and executable programs based on the source code. However, note the following:
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
This source code is provided "as is" and without any express or implied warranties whatsoever. The user must assume the entire risk of using the source code.