Color Management Utilities
This package provides management of colors by name, using the color names popularized under the X window system, and also provides classes to manage color gradients.
- A listener interface for classes that wish to be notified when a user has made a selection from
a color chooser.
- A chooser window that presents a palate of colors for the user to select from. The dialog has
the option of displaying color information, and may or may not show color names. The size of the
color boxes can also be controlled.
- A color generator that allows colors to be selected by name, using the X11 color naming scheme,
taken from "rgb.txt" in the X11 distribution. Colors can also be specified in the hex format
used in HTML, with 2 hex characters per component (e.g. FF0000=bright red, 007700=dark green,
- A class that generates a sweep of color through a range of hues, and can convert a data value to
a color given a value range.
- A panel to display gradients with various parameters.
- Class to load several matrix files, determines the entire range of values, and creates a single
color gradient scale for all the images.
- An image containing color swatches with optional color names, that maintains a bounding
rectangle for each color and translates points to the color hit.
As the author of the source code available by following the links above, I hereby place this source code in the public domain. You can use, modify, and distribute the source code and executable programs based on the source code. However, note the following:
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
This source code is provided "as is" and without any express or implied warranties whatsoever. The user must assume the entire risk of using the source code.