Northern Colorado Math Oval
(a local, free math circle program for Northern Colorado)
- Started in Fall 2012 by area high school teachers, students, parents, CSU faculty members, and other local math enthusiasts.
- Meets for two hours on early Sunday afternoons (typically 2-4 p.m.), about once per month during the academic year.
- It's free (and includes food)!!
- Appropriate for middle schoolers or high schoolers (though all are welcome!).
- Meetings include a variety of advanced non-curricular math topics,
recreational math, and math competition preparation.
- Interested in attending? See the schedule below - all are welcome!
- Interesting in presenting? Contact Dan Bates (see below).
The Northern Colorado Math Oval is currently on hiatus.
The Colorado Math Circle in Boulder (academic year only) and MathPath (summer only) might also strike your fancy.
You can find an archive of previous NoCo Math Oval meetings here.
Meetings take place on the 2nd floor of the TILT building, unless otherwise noted. You can find a nice map here.
Meetings typically start just after the listed starting time (to accommodate those having difficulty finding the building), end at or just before the listed ending time, and include a brief snack period (snacks provided, typically cookies and/or fruit) in the middle.
: You can park on the Oval or in the lot to the west of TILT.
You do not need a parking pass on weekends. You can enter the Oval by turning
south onto Howes from Laurel. You can access the TILT parking lot from the
Oval or from the entrance off of Laurel at Meldrum.
The Oval is occasionally closed for bike races and similar events. If the Oval
is closed, just enter the parking lot behind TILT via the entrance at Meldrum and
Please contact Dan Bates (bates [AT] math.colostate.edu) with any questions or comments.