Mathematics of Information Security
Computer Lab 3. M360. Friday 10/8/2004
Opening the program:
1) Open (My computer -> Math on Pop G: -> m360).
2) Open (My computer -> local disk c -> temp).
3) Move the file "crypto.mws" from 1) to 2) (Zube wants it done this way).
4a) Either double click on "crypto.mws" or do 4b).
4b) Open Maple 9.5 and open the file "crypto.mws" from c:temp.
5) Press "return" somewhere in the midst of the file and ignore the warning signs.
Goals for today:
(These problems are all part of the homework set due Friday 10/15, so you can try whichever you like).
1) Decryption 6.8 #1, 6.9 #1
2) Encryption 6.9 #3 (choose e large enough)
3) Breaking RSA. Suppose you know that Bob chose a set of twin primes p and q=p+2 for his RSA cryptosystem.
Find a formula for p in terms of n. Do 6.9 #10b using this method.
4) 6.9 #12
Do not print your whole document. It is too long. Open a new file and copy the good stuff.