Home Page of Dr. Kelly M. McArthur
A.B.: Harvard University
M.S.: Montana State University
Ph.D.: Montana State University
Specialization: Numerical analysis
Office: Weber 112
Office Hours: Refer to specific course names and advising given below.
Math 261 Fall 2014
Math 261 Spring 2014
Math 261 Fall 2013
Math 261 Spring 2013
Math 369 Fall 2013
Math 369 Spring 2013
Math 369 Fall 2012
Math 561 Spring 2013
Information of Interest for Undergraduate Actuary Students
Student President of Actuary Club for 2013-2014: DNE
- Scheduled Advising Times for Fall 2014
Thursday, April 3 at 11:30am in Weber 15(basement)
Friday, April 4 at 4:15pm in Weber 15
Wednesday, April 9 at 5:15pm in Weber 15
Monday, April 14 at 5:15pm in Weber 15
Friday, May 2 by appointment from 10am-12:30pm. Call the Math Dept at 1-1303. Limited number of slots.
Friday, May 9 by appointment from 10am-12noon. Call the Math Dept at 1-1303. Limited number of slots.
- Minors of Most Use to Actuary Students
Requires the additional two courses STAT340 and STAT350.
- Business Administration
Requires the additional three couses MKT305, MGT305,
Need to request Alternative Courses (see standard form)
with respect to ACT210, FIN300.
Business Admin Minor
Requires four additional courses. Two are ECON304 and
ECON306. For the remaining two, consider ECON315,ECON435,
Companies Directly in Contact With CSU
Companies wanting to arrange a meeting with the actuary students should contact
Dr. Kelly McArthur
Meeting with Great-West, Weber 117, Thursday, Oct 20, 2011 at 5:30pm
Information from Milliman in Denver. (Sent in October 2011.)
Graduate Schools That Have Sent Information to CSU Regarding Programs of Interest to Actuarial Students
- Premera Blue Cross of Washington State has sent info regarding their plan. Refer to
- Hannover Life Reassurance Company Of America(HLR) will be attending a CSU career fair on 9/18 as well as
hosting an employer information session for Actuarial Science and mathematics majors later
that evening. Our presentation will start at 6:30pm and will take place in the Statistics Building room 006(basement). For more info about HLR, go to www.hlramerica.com Notice posted: 9/12/2013
- Cigna will be meeting for dinner with students interested in being an actuary on Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at
7:00pm in Denver. Contact Acturial Senior Analyst Julia Mendez
to let her know you are coming and/or you want to know the location. For information regarding the
program for Actuarial Intern, please see Intern Positons
Notice posted: 9/12/2013
- WellPoint with local representatives Mike Polakowski and Stephanie Dulz
An upcoming meeting is in the plans.
- Cigna will be at the CSU Career Center on Oct 11 at 5:30pm. Arrangements have been made by
alumn Nate Stokes.
- Great-West will be at CSU in Weber 117 on Sept. 27, 2012 at 6:00pm.
- The Standard will be hiring actuarial interns for summer 2012 in Portland, OR. Look on
https://jobs-standard.icims.com/jobs/11024/job (Received information on 9/12/2012)
- Cigna, meet with Nate Stokes
- Cigna, University contact Lucinda VanInwagen
- Information from Milliman (Sent in February 2012.)
- Information from QBE
Americas regarding an intership. CSU Alumni, Alex Jurhs
will be at CSU on Thursday, January 26, 2012 in Weber 223
Send resume to either Nathan Baseman
Equal Opportunity |
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 USA (970) 491-1101
colostate.edu® services | © 1999
Colorado State University