|Math 345: Differential Equations|
|Course Description||Notes and Files|
|Homework Assignments||Chapter Notes|
How to use Ti-83/89-calculators to compute RREF (by Harrison Filas)
Ti-83 => define the matrix [A]
- press 2nd - X-1 to get to the matrix menue
- go to edit and select a matrix to define
=> Type rref ([A])
- press 2nd - 0 for catalog
- press x to go to the r section and select rref <
- next press 2nd - X-1 and select the defined matrix.
Ti-89 => Type rref ([[R,C,R,C2, ..., R1,Cx][R2C,R2C2, ..., R2Cx]])
- select catalog and select rref(, then type the rest.
Note: On the Ti-89 you can type out rref( instead of selecting it from the catalog, with the Ti-83 it must be selected. On the Ti-83 rref( can also be found in the matrix menue under the MATH sub-menue.
On the Ti-89 you can also get rref( by pressing 2nd - 5 - 4 - 4.