- Mini-symposium on Applied and Computational Topology at the SIAM Central States Section Meeting, Sept 30 - Oct 2.
- CSU Computer Science Colloquium, Mon Oct 10 at 11:00-11:30 in CSB 130.
- Introductory lectures on computational topology at the Florida International University Winter Conference on Topology, Geometry, and Applications, Jan 3-7, 2017.
- What is topology, and how is it applied to data analysis?
- Vietoris-Rips complexes of circles and ellipses. [Abstract, Slides]
Random cyclic dynamical systems.
- Rocky Mountain Algebraic Combinatorics Seminar, Sept 2015.
The Vietoris-Rips complexes of a circle.
- University of Rochester Data Science Colloquium, April 2015.
- Applied Algebraic Topology Research Network, Online Seminar Series, Mar 2015.
- Colloquium at Colorado State University, Jan 2015.
- Geometry and Topology Seminar at Tulane University, Nov 2014.
- Applied Topology Seminar at the University of Pennsylvania, Nov 2014.
- Colloquium at UNC Greensboro, Oct 2014.
- Geometry and Topology Seminar at North Carolina State University, Sept 2014.
- IMA Postdoc Seminar, May 2014.
- IMA Postdoc Seminar, Oct 2013.
Evasion paths in mobile sensor networks.
- CSU Pattern Analysis Lab, Oct 2015.
- Duke Graduate & Faculty Seminar, Feb 2015.
- IMA Workshop on Topological Systems: Communication, Sensing, and Actuation, Mar 2014. [Video]
- Rocky Mountain Algebraic Combinatorics Seminar, Nov 2013.
- SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry, Aug 2013.
- Applied Topology in Będlewo, July 2013.
- MSRI Workshop on Algebraic Topology, June 2013. [Video]
- Ayasdi Topology Day, June 2013.
- Stanford CompTop Seminar, May 2013.
- Special Session on Applied and Computational Topology at MAA MathFest, Aug 2012.
- Algebraic Topology: Applications and New Directions, July 2012.
- Minisymposium on Applied Algebraic Topology at SIAM Annual Meetings, July 2012. [Video]
- Schloss Dagstuhl Seminar on Applications of Combinatorial Topology to Computer Science, Mar 2012.
- AMS Special Session on Computational and Applied Topology, Joint Meetings, Jan 2012.
- SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry, Oct 2011.
Nudged elastic band in topological data analysis.
- SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry, Oct 2011. [Slides]
- Stanford CompTop Seminar, Jan 2010. [Slides]
- AMS-SIAM Special Session on Applications of Algebraic Geometry, Joint Meetings, Jan 2010.
- Topological data analysis: Understanding optical flow. IMA Short Course on Applied Algebraic Topology, June 2009. [Slides]
Software talks and demonstrations
- Introduction to Javaplex software for persistent homology. [Abstract]
- Introduction to JPlex software for persistent homology.
- Introduction to discrete Morse theory. University of Minnesota Student Topology Seminar, Dec 2013. [Notes]
- Applied topology. Stanford University Mathematics Camp Guest Lecture Series, July 2013. [Slides]
- Applied topology. Stanford University Mathematics Camp Guest Lecture Series, July 2011.
- Coverage problems in sensor networks. Stanford Undergraduate Mathematical Organization Speaker Series, May 2010. [Abstract]
- The Vietoris-Rips complex of the circle. IMA Workshop on Topology and Geometry of Networks and Discrete Metric Spaces, Apr 2014. [Poster]
- Vietoris-Rips and restricted Čech complexes of circular points. IMA Workshop on Topological Systems: Communication, Sensing, and Actuation, Mar 2014. [Poster]
- Evasion paths in mobile sensor networks. [Poster]
- Mobile sensors and pursuit-evasion: Can directed algebraic toplogy help? Aalborg GETCO Workshop, Jan 2010. [Poster]