Calculating Your Career
Thursday, May 4, 2017 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Join us for an exploration of careers in mathematics! All speakers are CSU alumni!
Calculating Your Career Poster
Prior to his retirement in July 2016, Kim R. Kerry held three key business responsibilities:
- Vice President, Raytheon Command, Control. Communications & Computers (C4I) Systems
- Chief Executive Officer of Thales-Raytheon Systems Co. LLC, the U.S. subsidiary of the joint venture between Raytheon Company and Thales Group (France)
- Chairman of Raytheon Atheeb Systems Ltd, a joint venture with a Saudi business partner
Lory Student Center - North Ballroom – refreshments served
2:00pm: Event Kickoff (5-10 minutes)
- Brief introductory remarks by our Math Department Chair, Ken McLaughlin
2:10pm: Keynote Speaker (15-20 minutes)
- Kim Kerry (CSU math alum and retired VP of Raytheon)
- Kim will discuss how his math degree and global experience helped shape his career path
2:30pm-3:30pm: Panel Discussion (45 min - 1 hour)
- 45-minute Panel followed by 15-minute audience Q&A
- The panel will be comprised of 6 people from three different math and scientific tracks: industry, actuarial science/finance, and math education.
- Panel members will introduce themselves including the following info: educational background, current position + place of employment, and explain how they got on their career path.
- Following introductions, our moderator will present 3-5 scripted questions to the panel.
3:30pm-4:00pm: Breakout sessions (30 minutes)
- The room will be set up with roundtables with three signs: industry, actuarial science/finance, and math education. All student participants will select the roundtable that interests them the most and they will be allowed to ask additional questions and spend more face time with the panel speakers.
Kim Kerry, '72 - former VP of Raytheon C41 Systems
Nate Knight, Ph.D., '03, '08 - VP of Missile Defense, Numerica
Allison Shride, '85 - Owner of 3 Mathnasium locations in Denver Metro
Janet Oien, '04 - Associate Director of the Calculus Center
Brian Knitt, '93 - Managing Director Cheyenne Capital
Fred Colclough, '14 - Actuarial with Blue Cross Blue Shield